The Victorian Government has announced a new $400 million package, jointly funded by the Commonwealth Government.
Five key elements make up the support package:
- More than 90,000 businesses will be automatically paid a Business Costs Assistance Program Round Three grant of $2,800.
- New payments of $5,000 to $20,000 will be made to more than 8,900 hospitality venues that received support through the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund through the May/June and July lockdowns. Payments will be automatic and graded by venue capacity.
- Alpine businesses will receive between $5,000 and $20,000 under an extension of the Alpine Resort Winter Support Program.
- An additional $54 million will be added to the Small Business COVID Hardship Fund announced last week.
- Eligible businesses that do not qualify for Victorian Government support programs because they are not registered for GST will be eligible for the Commonwealth’s COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
For further information on these programs and other funding streams, please visit the Business Victoria website.
Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme Passed This Week
Legislation passed this week to reintroduce the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme. Businesses that have experienced a loss in turnover of more than 30 per cent during the pandemic are now guaranteed to receive rent reductions, while separate support will be provided to landlords. Tenants and landlords are encouraged to enter negotiations directly, with the Victorian Small Business Commission available to provide mediation if parties can’t reach an agreement. For further information, contact 13 87 22 or visit the VSBC website.
Free help from the Partners in Wellbeing Helpline
If you run your own small business, you’re used to handling problems on your own. But you don’t have to. Get free and confidential wellbeing coaching, financial counselling and business advice for you and your employees. Call the Partners in Wellbeing Helpline on 1300 375 330 for assistance between 9am to 10pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm on weekends. A live chat function is also available on the website.
Coronavirus resources for your business
Coronavirus.vic.gov.au has useful resources to help businesses find information and plan.
- COVID-19 exposure sites
- COVIDSafe Plans
- Vic Gov QR Code Service
- Where to get tested
- Book your vaccination