Following a recent meeting with the STA committee, Bayside City Council has advised that:
- Sandy Village Traders may submit individual requests for the payment of Outdoor Footpath Trading fees of $2,000 or more to be made in reasonable instalments.
- Traders will need to submit their application before 30 September 2022 and make the first instalment payment in September 2022.
- To request a payment plan Traders will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
It is good to see Council offer some flexibility to those Traders that need it.
Council has also confirmed the following:
- There is no capacity within the current Council budget for waiver of footpath trading permit fees.
- Footpath trading permit fees cannot be varied for the 12 month period commencing 1 September 2022.
- Council will accept submissions from traders and STA in regard to the setting of footpath trading permit fees for the following year commencing 1 September 2023, at the time of consideration of the 2023 Council budget in June 2023.