Sandringham Traders Association looks after traders in Sandy Village. As a Sandy Village trader, we are providing you information about the work we do, how we are funded, the purpose of a traders association, what we've achieved so far, and steps we need to take to continue operating.
What does Sandringham Traders Association (STA) do?
Promotes retail traders and service providers within the Sandringham Shopping Centre.
Fosters and facilitates community and trader engagement in Sandringham Village.
Conducts events and promotional activities within Sandringham Village to stimulate trader activity.
Operates and manages a social media platform to promote Sandringham Village traders.
Applies for funding grants for the benefit of Sandringham traders to fund activities within Sandringham Village.
Serves as a voice for members in dealings with Bayside City Council.
How are we funded?
The activities of your committee members are all on a volunteer basis. Programs are delivered by volunteers and through grant funding.
Grants for 2022 activities included:
- Bayside Council
- Victorian State Government
- National Australia Day Council
These activities have been undertaken at no financial cost to the STA membership.
Sandringham Traders Association Membership Base
- STA currently has 74 members.
- 111 businesses (estimated) are located within Sandringham Village that benefit from STA activities
Membership fees have been deferred with no membership levies having been struck for 2021 and 2022. At the 2021 AGM membership fees were set at $250.00 plus GST per annum. The committee took a decision to defer the raising of these levies in response to the continued disruption to trade caused by COVID-19. To continue with the social media platform levies will need to be raise.
Social media marketing program
Estimated annual expenditure is $15,000 per annum.
To supplement membership levies, consideration is being given to a marketing sponsorship package which recognises that different businesses may be able to and may want to contribute additional amounts as part of a contribution supporting the Sandringham Village community.
What we've achieved so far
2021 Program Highlights
- Stimulation of the Twilight Economy Project funded by State Government grant including below:
- Wellness Program – Yoga and Pilates on foreshore.
- Rotunda lighting
- Bunjil eagle lighting
- Busker music program in Sandy Village Square and Bay Road corner.
- Australian flag raising ceremony (Australian flag, Indigenous flag and Torres Strait Islander flag) including traditional smoking ceremony.
- First twilight market on foreshore.
- Improvement of Sandy Village website platform.
- Development of social media platform being operated by STA including Facebook and Instagram.
- Development of member portal.
2022 Program Highlights
- Busker Program – Sandy Village Square and Bay Road corner conducted in association with Sandy Street Art Project.
- Twilight Markets on foreshore
- Wellness Program of yoga and meditation on the foreshore
- Australia Day Multicultural Event (fully funded by grant from National Australia Day Council).
- Planned Twilight Cinema on 9 April 2022
- Building on relationships with community groups and joint programs with Sandy Street Art Project, including upcoming Chalkfest program.
- Purchase of promotional cart as a focal point for trader activities. The cart will be available for use by traders free of charge.
- Support of traders that want to trade at the market
We can't continue without your help
What you get as a paid member:
- Exclusive access to Sandy Village Member Portal
- Website Listing and links to your business
- Social Media Posts
- Trader Interview and featured on Sandy Socials
- Advertising promotion
- Information on support programs
- Sandy Village Trader Member Decal
Become a paid member
Please email the treasurer and submit your payment direct
Sandringham Traders Association Inc.
Bendigo Bank BSB: 633-000
Account No: 179640685
Reference: Your Business Name
$250 per annum
(works out to $4.80 per week)