National Reconciliation Week
“Be Brave. Make Change.” - is the theme of National Reconciliation Week this year!
Join us in Sandy Village on Saturday 28 May to celebrate and learn about our Indigenous history, culture and achievements, and explore how we can work to wards reconciliation in our community.
With activities and performances happening across two locations, the day will be an opportunity to create a more respectful relationship between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous Australians.
What’s On for National Reconciliation Week?
- 11am - 1pm: Special guest visit from Ben Long, St Kilda Football Club
- 11am: Kids will be invited to contribute to an Indigenous community art mural and,
- 12pm: Take a hip hop dancing workshop with Indigenous Outreach Projects.
- 12:30 - 2pm: traditional Aboriginal kids’ games by Wanyara
- 3:30pm: Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony by Bunurong Land Council
Reconciliation is an ongoing journey. While many generations have fought hard for meaningful change, future gains are likely to take just as much, if not more, effort. Visit the Reconciliation Australia website to find out more: www.reconciliation.org.au
This free event is presented by the Sandringham Traders Association(STA) in partnership with Bayside City Council, Sandy Street Art Project andSandringham Library, with support from the Bunurong Land Council and Grow HopeFoundation.
STA proudly acknowledges the Bunurong People of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of this land, and we pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
May 28, 2022
Sandy Village Square
cnr Melrose and Station Streets
8 Waltham St,
Sandringham VIC 3191